Friday 19 July 2013

Week 29 - Let it Fly

Hello there and welcome to our new challenge at Polka Doodles!

Before we go onto this week's challenge we need to announce the top three from Week 27 Challenge which was to Make Your Own Background.  Some really fabulous creations were entered but there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Debbie Simpson - you win a £10 voucher to spend on the Polka Doodles website - please use the code PD1W2927 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Juliet A - you a win a Download Bundle - please use the code PD1W2927 to claim your prize
3rd Place - Nancy D - you win a Download - please use the code PD1W2927 to claim your prize
 


Congratulations to you all. Please all email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winner's code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.

 


Now for our challenge for this week and the theme chosen by our new teamie Claire C is to:


  Let It Fly



So we'd like to see your creations featuring anything that flies so it could be birds, butterflies, bees, fairies, angels - we're sure you get the picture!



We have some fantastic prizes this week too:
1st Prize is a Fredericka CD rom, 2nd prize is a Download Bundle and 3rd prize is a Download.

Karon - For my card this week, I decided to use a sentiment (by me) as my focus.  I used the new Bonbon Belles CD and used the precoloured hot air balloon, three different sizes and two of them are popped up on foam dots.  The papers are also from this fabulous CD compilation.



Claire C. I've used this  beautiful image from Fredericka Mini CD collection and created a scene using distress inks and a brayer. I'll be back later with a tutorial if you fancy having a try at this technique. 



Asha - I'm flying a flag and banner. The image is just one of the many gorgeous toppers available fromthe Bonbon Belles Double CD, as is the patterned paper. Extras from my stash include some ribbon and bling. Instead of adding a sentiment, I highlighted one from the background paper by stitching around it. 



Bev here with this week's DT piece. I used Heather a pre coloured image from Bonbon Belles, I used some contrasting card from my craft box. adding an embossed oval behind the image but everything else on the card is from the tropical sorbet section although you will be spoilt for choice as there's so much packed onto this fabulous double CD.


Lizzie - For my card I used the wonderful Bonbon Belles CD. I made my card as a heart easel card, using distress inks. I cut flowers out from the CD, layering the middles and adding gems for the centers. I then cut out one of the Owlie images from the CD and popped her on top, added some gems as stoppers and voila ! I should have glittered up my owlie  I just remembered !!


Fliss - I've also made my card with the new and totally gorgeous Bonbon Belles new double CD which has so many possibilities as you'll see over the coming weeks. My creation is quite simple and features one of the fabulous butterflies and most of the elements are from the Chocolate Lime collection (I can still remember loving those as a child!). I cut out one of the gorgeous floral frames from the Marshmallow collection as I love pink and brown combined with green and added this to the card blank with lime polka dot paper, a stunning butterfly and one of the many fabulous sentiments.


Alethea - I had so much fun making this card using the new BonBon Belles double cd. I used the pre-coloured hot air balloon which I layered and cut out the flags so it looks like they were blowing in the wind! I also 3d'd the basket and the flying sign, which I added the sentiment from!! I put it all onto the cloud paper which is also from the BonBon Belles double cd. I then added the bird and the buttons! I decided I the hot air balloon needed a passenger so I found this sweet little girl on the Double Sprinkle of Kraft cd rom. To finish off the card I rubbed some white shimmer chalk over the bird and clouds!



Miria - I made a quick and easy tag using a ready-made one from fab BonBon Belles double cd.. 
I matted it on kraft and added two matching butterflies from the same cd to give dimension; I distressed it all. No embellies but a mesh ribbon.


Sally - Hi there! This weeks challenge is Let it Fly.  So I thought of beautiful butterflies.  I chose two butterflies from the Bonbon Belle CD Rom in turquoise and brown, printed them on white photo paper and then on vellum. I also printed off one of the background papers with butterflies on of course from the CD Rom also. Distressed the edges with my pan pastels and adhered it to a Kraft card.
I also had a flower die cut which I also distressed the flowers with a light coating of pan pastels, adhered it to the card added a bow and the two butterflies putting the vellum ones on the top of the others to make their wings like they were in flight. I also added some pearls on the flowers and butterflies and a sentiment.


Lidia Hi all First of all I wish you a super weekend and tell you that I loved this challenge because I really like butterflies and that uses a lot to make my card from the Bonbon Belle CD Rom that uses paper also found in this CD hope you like!



You have until 12 noon on Sunday 28 July to enter and good luck!

....................................................................................................


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, i cant get Mr Linky to work for me. Everytime i press enter my name stays but once the page is refreshed, its all gone!
    Here is my entry!

    http://handmadewithlovebylynne.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/digi-bell-blog-hop-and-new-digi.html

    Great challenge and fab DT inspiration!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge and inspiration. I love the big butterflies
    Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fab challenge and for sharing the beautiful DT inspirations with us hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun challenge. Thanks to the DT for their inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge and your cards are beautiful DT.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!