Thursday 18 April 2013

Studio 12 Gift Set

Hello folks, it's Fliss here with you today with an idea for gift giving with a matching card perfect for a dear friend.
It's actually easier to make than it looks so read on to see how it came together.




Apart from the kraft dotty paper which I sneaked in from the Polka Doodles Double Sprinkle Of Kraft CD, all the elements and papers are from the Garden Collection on the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD.
I made the patchwork style paper which I used to decorate a plain kraft bag by resizing 3 of the green papers and 3 of the flowers to 5cm square in my photo editing software and then dropped them into a Word document in the design you can see. I printed it out on the antique beige old fashioned parchment card for a soft look then tore the edges and inked them with Antique Linen Distress ink before attaching to the bag.
I then printed out 2 of the yellow daisies, again resizing them and then fussy cut them out. I cut out a circle of the dotty paper and attached the daisy to this then punched a hole in the top and tied the tag to the bag with twine.
I then used a large frilly die to cut out my card blank from beige card and used the next size down to cut out the layers of green patterned paper. I printed the sentiment from the CD directly on to the kraft dotty paper and then die cut this and a further layer. I assembled them on the card blank and added the daisy at the top right side.

Just the thing to make for a special friend whether for a birthday or just to say thanks for being a friend.
Hugs, Fliss xx

3 comments:

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!