Friday 8 March 2013

Week 10 Challenge - Distressing

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  Before we move on, I need to announce the top three from challenge 8 which was Fantasy / Fairy Tale:

1st Place - Tracey F  - you win a Colour Therapy DVD - please use the code PD1W1008 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Helen  - you win a download bundle and please use the code PD2W1008
3rd Place - Carol Gill  - you also win a download and please use the code PD3W1008

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.



Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:


Distressing

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 17 March at 12noon GMT!  The winner of the challenge will win a copy of the Picknix 1 CD!  Now onto some wonderful samples from the girls!

Ruth:  I've printed some papers from the Wonderland cd and distressed them with a used tea bag!  Flowers have been made from a recycled kraft bag with some pink tissue paper for added girl power.  I also used one of the handles from the kraft bag too.  Some half pearls, seed beads and pins plus some faux stitching and the cards are done!



Lucy ~ For this card I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks, to distress the card, the papers, the edge of the image and the large flower. The papers are from the Pretty Sweet CD Rom. The image is from the Magical Winter CD Rom, Coloured with Pro Markers.



Anjie  For my card I have used an image from the Pretty Sweet CD and papers from the Studio 12 Picknix CD collection 1. I have used sepia tone ProMarkers to colour the image, and a distress ink pad to age all the papers. I have made a little tag and stamped it with a sentiment. I've cut some matching flowers using a Marrianne die, and finally added some faux stitching.


Margaret - for my card I have used the Pixknix 2 Cd  and printed off this lovely background paper, the Santa image and the deer along with the sentiment ticket are all from Here comes Christmas CD...I have distressed all the edges with distress inks, the die cut trees are marianne designs....hope you like it.



Pinky - for my tag I have used the Picknix cd Collection 1. I printed the background, embellishments and even the sentiment all from the Welcome Home section of the cd. Added some faux stitching, distressed the edges with my scissors and inked up using distress Inks. The corrugated card came from an old parcel and the lace is from my stash.


Anne - I decided to alter a little gift bag this week for a change.  All the elements are from the Cherry Blosson Lane CD. The papers were all torn and inked at the edges then I printed the rose three times and pop dotted it so it's standing proud from the bag.  A little bit of lace along the top edge finished it off.


Lizzie - For my card I used Distressing Inks by Tim Holtz. I have never used them before !! But wow they are gorgeous to use ! I made my card using the image from Candy Doodles CdThe card itself is made from a Marianne DieI rubbed ink over the embossing while still in the die, and around the edges of the flowers from the same die set. The leaves are also from a Marianne Die. I glittered the flowers using Stickles glitter glue to add some bling! A girl has to have her bling !!! I haven't added a sentiment yet as I'm not sure who is getting this card !! Hope you like it !!! 


Kim - I decided to make a 'Home Sweet Home' hanger for this challenge. I've used papers and sentiment from Picknix 1 and used TH distress inks on the edges.  Then used the Be Neighbours stamp, coloured with flexmarkers and promarkers. Then added a diecut flower, die cut swirl, wooden embellishment and lace and some twine for hanging. 


Clare - This week I chose one of my all time favourite Polka Doodles CD's Back to Nature for my card. I love these cute little owl's and the gorgeous papers. I used brown Kraft card  for my base which was distressed with my Ranger tool. I used my Antique Linen Distress Ink Pad and diamond Stickles Glitter Glue to spruce up the images of my card. 

 Inside of my card
 Side view

JAN:  I decided to make a tag for this week's challenge, using a gorgeous digi image called 'Fall Love' from the 'Time for Tea' collection, which is coloured with my Promarkers.  The background papers (and little fence) are printed from the 'Sugarplum Daisy CD' and I've torn/crumpled the edges before treating them to some distress ink.  I have stitched around the edges of the tag for extra detail before adding the quote, which is printed from my pc, then torn into pieces and inked. A twist of blue ribbon and a couple of blue candi to finish off.


Kitty - I decided to use some distressed looking papers for my creation, these are from Picknix Vol 1, i love them! The image and sentiment are from Sundae Of Seasons. I did distress the edges of the papers too. I also added some Dew Drops too.


Shell-For my card this week I've used one of the brand new digi collection from Time for Tea and this little beauty is called "I heart U" I've coloured her with my copics and the papers and sentiments are from the Candy Doodles CD. I distressed all the edges of the papers with a pair of scissors.



Eva - I used cute butterfly images and the sentiment from the Picknix Collection 1 CD. Added a bit of glitz on the butterflies with my Sakura pen. I used a embossing folder on plain card stock and distressed it with white distress ink. I used lots of punches to make the flowers and used a tool to curl the petals up. Added a fancy frame from Stampin Up and lots of pearls. Layered lots and lots with grey and white card stock. 



Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules - closing date is 12noon GMT Sunday 17 March.

9 comments:

  1. Congrat's and beautiful array of creations from the DT X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration...just become a follower and added my entry. Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always fabulous inspiration from your DT and thank you for the challenge hugs Karen P

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the variety of the DT creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiraion with distressing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic challenges and DT cards -thanks for choosing my card in the top three and congratulations to the winners
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge and I think I just made it...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done to the winners.Another great challenge and fabulous creations from you all.x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!