Friday 26 March 2010

Week 12 Challenge - Sketch & Theme

Hello Polkadoodlers, welcome to another challenge from us all. It's Nettie here and it's my first time to set the challenge, I'm nervous so please be gentle with me. If you have not already had a chance to see Create and Craft or the Polkadoodles website, then you haven't seen the new Polkadoodle CD Paper Boutique. Don't worry though Nikky will be back on Create and Craft on Wednesday 31st March at 10am, so set your timers. Before I begin to explain this week's challenge I'd like to announce the very lucky people who have won Week 10 - Special Birthday or Milestone:

First Place: Teri

Second Place: Siobhan

Third Place: June

Well done you lucky people, please contact Nikky for further details and to collect those all important blinkies.

Now, moving on with this week's challenge........... I have another sketch for you lovely people. I love using Black and White for my projects because I think it looks so elegant. So what I would like you to do is follow the sketch and use Black, White + 1 other colour of your choice. Please remember that it doesn't have to be a card if you don't want......use your imagination as I know you will.

We have the truly talented Ju - Cornishmist who is our guest designer this month and as this is the last challenge for the month of March, we would like to say a big thank you for her lovely cards and for joining us! For this week, she has used papers from Back to Nature and Sugar Birdies along with stackies and ribbons. She coloured the cow to match the colour of the ribbons.

Nettie: Now this is my take on the sketch. Instead of doing a card, I thought I would make a Wedding Box. I have used the Love and Cherish CD for this one. As you will see from the picture I have made the box with a belly band and I have attached the oval to the band. I also used the flower templates on the CD to make these printed flowers.




Dee: I decided to use green as my extra colour as I thought it would make a nice contrast to the black and white. I don't use green very much so I made a mental note at the beginning of the year to use it more often. I used papers from the Back to Nature, Love and Cherish and Paper Boutique Vol 1 CD's.


Kris: I loved this sketch and I love Black and White. I chose a deep sea blue as my third color (only because I'm still using scraps and I had the flowers!). The background paper is from Sugar Birdies (Sugar Swirlies) and the peacock from Back to Nature. I added a little stamped sentiment and some self-adhesive rhinestones.
Kerry - I got my hubby to choose the extra colour and it was orange. I kept lots of white space and added papers and elements from the Candy Doodles CD plus a little Stickles on the butterflies. Shame my camera takes a blurry photo!

Fliss: Like Dee I've chosen to use green as my contrast colour which came about as I was going through my Polka Doodles stash to decide what to do. I came across the black, white and green Stackies flowers from Back to Nature and that was that! I just used the black and white combination which I layered up and matted several times. The first layer uses a Nestabilies scalloped oval with I embossed with dots. The last is some glittery white funky foam. I used the green dotty paper from the new Paper Boutique Floral Bouquet Collection and finished off with a punched strip with a lace band, a bow and some gems.


Kate - I have used the gorgeous butterfly from the heritage collection on the Back to Nature cd and i found the little butterfly stampies on the Candy doodles disc .I added some stickles and adhesive gems too for a bit of bling. The stripes on the step are embossed in the cuttlebug .


Claire - For my colour it just had to be purple - my absolute favourite! Lots of bits and pieces from the cd's with some added Sakura and stickles, also some lovely purple velvet card for added texture and touchability! I love the range of different flowers Nikki produces and the spiral flowers from Back to nature are very versatile.




Ruth: I've used Love and Cherish for my sample plus some red card (picked up ages ago from my local Scrap Store). I do like the image and really should use it more as it is so versitile! I've added some liquid pearls here and there and the little red flowers have very sparkly gems in their centres!

Brenda - I have taken the reddish browns from the papers on the Love and Romance CD, made a topper using nesties and printed the same sheet off several time sto cut out and decoupage the flowers, adding pearl stamens.

The deadline for all entries via Mr Linky is Sunday 4th April at 12 noon GMT. Please remember our challenge rules when entering your makes, as wouldn't want to leave you out.
........




10 comments:

  1. these ards are gorgeous...well done dT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for my second place.
    I love the DT cards this week, i cant wait to get home to tackle the sketch myself.

    Thanks again
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so chuffed for getting 3rd place in my first time doing a Polkadoodles challenge, I cant wait to start working on this weeks challenge
    June x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous, Great Job! I have some black and white papers I've been wanting to use for some time and guess now is the best time.... Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous DT cards. Thanks for the challenge. I made my first card and then when I was almost ready to upload, saw there was an additional item to the them - Color!! mine didn't comply. SIGH!!

    So here's the 2nd card I made with the sketch (which I really like by the way), and it's an Xmas card which is starting me on my way to no headaches in November BIG GRIN.

    http://yogiemp.blogspot.com/2010/03/pd12-fd-mar-2610-silent-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab cards ladies! another fab challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another great challenge - I've popped my card on Mr Linky

    ReplyDelete
  8. merci pour ce nouveau super challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if you accept back dated entries but thought the card for my son's birthday might fit the sketch and not had time to make another! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Mr. Linky lost my entry! :( I added it Saturday evening but I don't see it on here. :( If you'll accept it now, it can be seen here. I'll try to add it to Mr. Linky again. Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

    Thanks! JennRo

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!