Friday 26 February 2010

Week 8 Challenge - Shaped Card

It's Friday again and another Polkadoodle Challenge! Hi, Lou here and it was my turn to set the challenge this week and I chose . . . create a Shaped Card.

So this is this weeks challenge and also your challenge (should you accept!) for this week. The closing date is Sunday 7 March at 12noon GMT and please remember that the maximum number of challenges to be linked with is 10.

Good luck and we can't wait to see your creations! However, before we show the Design Team samples, we need to announce the winners from Challenge 6 - Hearts and Flowers are:

First Place: Joan
Second Place: Sarah
Third Place: Sue

Please contact Nikky for further details and your blinkies. Congratulations!

This is our last week with our February Guest Designer Teri. Thank you so much for being part of the Polkadoodle team, we've enjoyed your company! Here is what Teri had to say about her card . . .

"I just had to use my namesake Sherman for this shaped card! I teamed him up with other bits and pieces from the shaped section on Back To Nature. It's been a pleasure being your 'guest' this month and great fun too. Many many thanks!"


Enfys
- Well my shaped card was made using the brand new CD, Paper Boutique, it's really big (A4 size), and has such dimension with all the layers, yet, it was dead easy to do. All the icing layers are glittered, and I was able to insert the words 'Happy Cake Day' onto the tag before printing it out. The most difficult thing about this card was taking the photo :)

and from the side, showing all the layers.

Kris: Well I went with a very simple triangle shaped card and in keeping with trying to use up my scraps I have real mix of thing here...Candle Doodles, Sugar Birdies, Back to Nature and even a little owl from Love and Chrish. I think they all compliment each other vey well.


Brenda
: I created the shaped card using Cricut Storybook and Plantin Schoolbook, welding the elements together in Design Studio. The paper is from the Love and Cherish CD, sentiment from the Back to Nature rubber stamp sheet and the flower made with punches and spritzed with Glimmer Mists to add glitz.


Ruth: I've used probably my most favourite image of all time (so far!) from Polkadoodles - it just has to be the decoupage chocolate cupcake from Candy Doodles! I've printed all the elements and layered them up adding a bit of glitter glue to the bow. The letters are also from the same cd.


Kerry - Easel cards are so popular at the moment, so I had a go at making a heart shaped one. Had a bit of a nightmare as I managed to get glue over the base, but thankfully it doesn't show. I used the Heart to Heart papers from the Love and Cherish CD, a few half pearls, plus a bit of faux stitching to match the hearts.



Claire: I am also going for one of the fab new shaped cards from Paper Boutique. Funky Munky is just georgeous and I have given him some flocking fur and heat embossed his banana (not as painful as it sounds) and foliage...great fun!


Fliss : I've gone for the brand new Paper Boutique CD too as I just couldn't resist this gorgeous bunny which is going to be a real favourite with my family who all adore rabbits. I simply printed out the A5 size shaped bunny and decoupage elements and layered them all up to make this cute card. Don't you just love that fluffy tail!





Dolly: I've used a template from Papercraft Boutique and made the Building Blocks Card in A4 size. Lots of layers to decoupage and I've added glamour dust and glossy accents here and there for definition.




Lou
: I know that I set this weeks challenge and I promise that I was going to make this large A4 sized boys cake card for my nephew, when sister asked if I could make a brag book for his birthday instead . . so this is what I came up with. Now I know it's not a card but it is shaped . . . am I forgiven now? The book was made using a template from the new Papercraft Boutique CD.



Kate

I used the beautiful funky flowers on the new paper boutique for my creation this week , the flowers are also on the cd , i cut the letters for my card on my cricut using SCAL and cut the actual card shape out by hand


We can't wait to see what shape you will use for your project this week . . . getting excited already!

18 comments:

  1. Hi, this is the first challenge I've entered so hope I did it right!
    http://terilouisecrafts.blogspot.com/2010/02/triangle-card.html
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all!
    Thank you so much for having me a Guest for the past month! It has been great fun working alongside such talented ladies!!
    See ya soon!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !!! the cards are fab I love the papers I need to get my hands on this cd.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What incredible cards by the DT! WOwza....fabulous work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful and creative!!!
    Nati(from Brazil)
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are just awesome cards .. I've never seen anything like this before. So beautiful xxx
    Dora - www.myfirstblog-dora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. these cards are so cool...amazing!! I have postd mine but can you ignore link number3...I mad an error...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. such fabulous cards from the entire Design Team. Thanks for sharing.

    Barb. from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! This is my first design challenge I've entered.

    http://craftingwithkat.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-birthday-march-divas.html

    It is the cupcake card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this challenge looks a lot of fun...This is my first challenge with you guys and hope my card makes it...God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab samples once again. Had lots of fun making this one too. Hope you elike my efforts.

    http://nessicraft.blogspot.com/2010/02/another-week-another-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, first time entering, not sure if an easel card will be classed a a shape. I hope it is, but if not just delete it. Lovely DT creations, a pleasure to visit.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi

    I have nominated you to receive the Sunshine Award - apart from having a beautiful blog, your postings are great fun to read.

    The rules for accepting the award are:

    * Place the logo within your blog or post
    * Pass the award on to 12 bloggers
    * Link the nominees within the post
    * Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blog
    * Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award

    Have a great day

    Jill
    http://crafteecardz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creations this week love the cake cards...another cd rom I really really need :)
    Karen x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that cup cake card is the greatest, but all of them are beautiful. I hope mine can live up to them

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super shapes, love all the variety dt have outdone themselves once again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. un difficile challenge, les DT sont très inspirées, leurs creations sont superbes

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I saw you had a new challenge I thought I had missed this one (hence the comment in my post) but I'm pleased to see that I didn't miss it afterall! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!