Friday 12 June 2009

...yo!

Welcome back to Team Doodle with our Doodle Dollies (hahah!). Boy oh boy, do we have some awesome treats for you this week...and I'm not talking yummy cupcakes neither...
BUT, first things first and lets do the important bits - this week's winning creations! It's really nice to see we've got a regular following in our 4th week (crikey where has the time gone, someone stole it!) and the Doodle Dollies are loving snooping around t'interweb at all your cool sites and cards, we all had a tough time this week and it was a very very close thing...

so, without further ado, this week's winners are....drum roll pleeeeeeeez....
in joint 2nd place....
and this week's fabulous winner is
with her fab creation here

Big congrats and hugs to all 3 of you, it was our most difficult choice yet so well done!
Please email me at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk for your awards!

Right then, nicey nicey is all over, it's on with the show and this is the part where you hate me...
here's this week's sketch, it's a little bit different.....
...mwaaahahahah!
You MUST use a stamped (or digi stamp) image & you MUST use this FREEBIE HERE which you can use however you wish, ie you can change the colour if you want to,(nb:you will need to create an account to get the download but ignore the minimum order prompt, you can still checkout without any charges)....
(please also refer to the general rules for challenges, some of you are missing out by not following the rules!)
The inspiration for this sketch came from my current obsesh with birds and birdhouses although I didn't tell the DT this as I wanted to see how they interpreted it themselves - I wasn't disappointed, in fact, this week they blew my mind with their oodles of talent! I was quite overcome with admiration I have to tell you. Really. And it doesn't happen much with me, that...
...and now I'm gonna button it cos it's time for the bit we all love, the fabbie Doodle Dollies have really outdone themselves this week, I was feeling a ton-load of presh - large gulps, dry throat and at one point I was going to sit this one out, but we were a couple of peeps short this week so I thought I'd better make an effort! Anyway, I know you are going to LOVE each and every one of this week's projjies and if you don't go away feeling inspired then you need your eyes testing!!...so here ya go my dahhhlings....get a cuppa and a biccie and sit yourself down, you will want to feast on these lovelies...

This week most of the DT used the Lulu Ladybug collection from the Sugar Birdies CD and we all love Lulu lots!(for those who've pre-ordered, shipping is early next week). And, I can now finally announce that the CD will be officially launched at the beginning of July on Ideal World/Create and Craft TV. This is very exciting for us, as it's our first time on TV, so we are on a bit of a high at the moment! Also if you head over to my blog there is a bit more info about an exclusive on this and news of my next collection due soon...

created by Sue...what a lovely, fresh card, Sue's turned the sketch upside down and used crystal lacquers on the flowers to give them extra dimension, as well as printing them in 2 different sizes...

created by Lou...well, I personally think this is just simply lush from Lou, if someone gave me this I would think it was adorable and would treasure it forev...we all loved Lulu's cute little flower behind her ear!! awwwww!!....



created by Saskia...we all loved this fantastic little bag from Saskia, HOW cute is that!!!! This would make an awesome gift for someone, big or small, and how adorable to adapt the idea for wedding favours or for little flower girls to carry...
created by Foo Foo...a simple card but its all in the detail. Cut a hole from the scallop to make the aperture & the birdhouse handle is 2 paper borders glued together & attached with small brads, with Lulu hanging from the top by her legs! All the ladybirds are coated in glossy accents to make them really pop. The sentiment is fringed & distressed to make a layered embellie...


created by Maggie...here Maggie has used punches to make the roof and we love the little gates, how cute! She's then punched out Lulu 3 times and added them over the top of the paper for some definition, very sweet...

created by Ruth...we all thought this was faberoonie...here Ruth has printed off the flowers onto coloured vellum and layered them up with a normal print behind which adds real drama. She's added extra doodles onto the smaller flower and the sentiment too...
created by Krista...it goes without saying we all love Krista's lovely colour choices and she's done another stunner this week - love the pink ladybug! and she's the first one to sneak one of the cute flutterbies in there too!...
created by Enfys...Wowser!!! Another awesome creation! En made this adorable "flowerpot" which pulls out to reveal the card - lovely lovely lovely! Black white and red is such a classic formula, it always adds drama and there's plenty here!...

created by Kerry...when you use a sketch think about using it in different ways, Kerry was brave enough to turn it upside down this week and by just snipping the point away it will stand perfectly well. Love the beadwork on the birdies tail, really great details!...

created by Michelle...the pic doesn't show it here but Michelle cut the vines from one of the papers and then glued it over the doodle dots - clever girl! The shape of this card would make a great invitation or place setting for a table, reminds me of a lovely napkin!...
created by Kath...Wow, Wow, Wow!! we all ADORED this gorgeous birdhouse by Kath. She's addicted to the circle alpha's from the CD and we can see why...

...well, I think that's quite enough inspiration for one week, we don't want to make you all overdose! Now, put down that cup and dust off those crumbs, it's time for you to get to work! C'mon, crack open the stash right now and join in the challenge!! x TTFN! x

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic challenge this week and the DT cards are to die for. Thanks for the freebie too! Here's my card
    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge really had to use my noddle this week.Love the DT cards they are so talented.Heres my card Hope you like
    Karen x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed making this card. Thankyou for the freebie papers on your site too :)

    Mandy's Card

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I love the freebie paper thankyou. here is my go at the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The DT cards just keep getting better and better. The freebie paper was lovely to work with. HERE is my card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards again girls thanks again for picking mine as the winner last week . i hope it s ok to enter againhere's mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is on my blog
    http://alifewellcrafted-jill.blogspot.com/2009/06/weekend-of-crafting.html
    Thanks for looking

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://bcpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2009/06/hoot-hoot-horay-its-your-brithday-polka.html
    is where my card is loved doing the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again the most amazing DT cards - just fab! Had great fun with this one and thanks so much for the brill freebies!here is my card
    keep doodling Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome DT samples! my take can be seen HERE
    thanks for looking and thank you again for the freebies this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all awesome, but unfortunately I can't download the paper we are suppose to use. Maybe next week I can join in.

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  12. HERE

    is my card. Hope I'm not late!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!