Friday 21 December 2012

Week 51 - Happy New Year - 2013!

Welcome to another Polkadoodles challenge!!

Before we move onto this weeks challenge, I need to announce the winner from Week 49 which was 'Paper Piecing and Newspaper'. 

The lucky winner of the Picknix vol 1 and vol 2 cd's is Janice!  Congratulations!!  Please email Nikky with your postal details.  Please remember to add the verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email - you must use the code PD1W5149 to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

Our second place entry is:  Debbie Johns - please email Nikky with your postal details as you have won a copy of Picknix 1 - you must use the code PD2W5149 to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

And third placed entry is LOU!!!!  And your code for your copy of Picknix Vol 1 is PD3W5149.

Congratulations to you all!  Please grab your blinkies from the sidebar.

Onto this week's challenge and the theme is:


Happy New Year OR Use The Year 2013
We are flexible on the theme - so you can use Happy New Year OR add the numbers 2013 (eg 3 of something or the actual numbers).  Just have a look below at the Design Team's inspiration on our interpretations of the theme!
As this is our last challenge of the year the top three placed entries will all get a prize!  The first placed winner will receive a copy of Picknix Vol 1 cd, second place will receive a copy of Back To Nature cd and the third placed entry will receive a copy of Sundae of Seasons cd!
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Good luck with the challenge - deadline for entries is Sunday 6 January at 12noon GMT.

Ruth:  I've gone with a firm favourite of mine from the Paper Boutique Vol 3 cd - the pink cupcake!!  I've printed it off as A5 size, cut out all the elements and then layered up with foam pads.  I've added die cut stars from pearlescent brown card, some ribbon I found in my stash.  The 30 are die cuts from sparkly card and I've added wire so that they boing about.  The star I've glittered around the edge (and on the cupcake too) and added a dotted line of liquid pearls around the inner.


Shell:  For my card this week I have used a twist on the challenge and I have used the 2013 part of the challenge, 1 image, 2 papers and the number 3. The card is for my Nephew's 3rd Birthday card in February. I have used the cute little bunny from the brand new Cherry Blossom CD and have coloured him with my copics, I then simply added a few buttons form my stash to complete the card.



JAN:  I have a really clean and simple card this week - it took about 15 minutes to make which is great as time is so precious at this time of year. I used paper from the 'Pen & Paper Circle 3' CD and the star template can be found on the 'Sundae of Seasons' CD. A little mirri card die cut border and a 'Happy New Year' greeting printed on my computer to finish. Happy New Year everyone!


Lucy ~ For this theme I decided to do a journal page using Polkadoodle papers, image and stamps. The heart sentiment is so cute and I wanted to focus on the 'Happy' part of the theme. I tore bits of PD dotty paper and glued them to the page after painting it. Then used ink sprays over the top. I coloured the image with Pro Markers. The stamps are from the Flutterfly fairies sets.



Anjie For this weeks challenge I've done a digital scrapbook page. All the elements are from the fabulous Picknix Collection 2 CD from Studio 12. I've put it all together in a craft program. I've added shadows to some of the elements to make it look more 3D. To follow the challenge I've used 1 photo, 2 bows and 3 rolling pins.


Clare - For my card I have incorporated Christmas and New Year using images and sentiment from the Here Comes Christmas CD and Studio 12 Picknix 2 Gingerbread Twist CD. The gorgeous red gingham paper is from the new Cherryblossom Lane CD which was launched last week. I have added some Berry Red Doodle Dewdrops and Stickles Glitter Glue to finish off my card.


Anne - I've gone with three of something using the newest release from Nikky,  Cherry Blossom Lane.
This was super quick to do.  I added the border to the paper in my graphics programe before printing it out.  Then printed the tree tags, mounted them and attached to the card using some brads. Following on with the three of something I added three little dew drops to the bottom corner.

        
Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules!  Deadline for entries is 6 January 2013 at 12noon GMT.

6 comments:

  1. <3 we so love your Blog..Thanks for the inspiration. merry christmas to you all oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge and lots of inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fun challenge & awesome DT inspiration. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year to you all.Another great challenge and amazing inspiration.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!